This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/10/2017
Saint Elmo, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results* Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of \\"Leadership\\" and \\"Foundation\\" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the research, development, design, application and testing of a wide range of machinery and systems, both as standard products and with custom features, according to productivity and innovation initiatives. The Engineering Manager oversees implementation and execution of project plans through design, installation, testing and implementation. They will direct, organize and manage all resources in support of engineering projects. The Engineering Manager oversees and supervises the projects and activities with a focus on performance, budget, safety, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Provides technical leadership, guidance, support and oversight in equipment design and development; plant equipment specifications, acquisition and installation; machine tooling; service engineering, major equipment repair and overhauling.
* Develop and implement predictive technologies to enhance the Maintenance PM System.
* Assist with implementing PM and PdM Initiatives and Programs throughout the facility.
* Manage capital forecast, and annual plan, including timely preparation of capital project written submittal, funding and execution as necessary to meet all capital commitments for the year.
* Work with managers, employees as well as equipment and controls venders to prioritize and implement projects to gain largest business impact.
* Verify scope and potential ROI prior to detail engineering on projects.
* Utilize PFD s, P&ID s, and general arrangement diagrams for project definition and scope.
* Ensure execution of project scope, schedule, cost, and cash flow projections, as agreed in CPA.
* Develop site specific strategic capital plan 2-5 years out.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, required.
* Masters degree, preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years engineering in an industrial facility, required.
* Experience working with capital and controllable expense budgets.
* Experience working in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
* Experience working with a diverse group of people.
* Solid analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunity areas.
* Proven ability to use innovative approaches to solve complex problems.
* Results oriented with proven track record of accomplishments.
* Proficient in AutoCad, PowerPoint, MSProject, Excel and Word.
* Has an understanding of current and new technologies for food manufacturing including controls and automation
* Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
* Ability to work with others to identify opportunities.
* Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
* Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
* Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.