Manager, Engineering Test 9/19/2017
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Test Engineering Manager leads a group of engineers and technicians engaged in the design, development, and execution of product test methods, fixtures, equipment, and processes required to support product development activities. Leads people and projects in support of product development objectives and implements policies and practices that produce high quality data and documentation.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Lead and manage the performance of test engineers and test technicians supporting product development and qualification test activities.
* Manage laboratory schedule and capacity to maximize the utilization and effectiveness resources.
* Lead the development and deployment of new methods and processes that improve the technical and operational capability of the test engineering team.
* Manage capital projects that leverage automation opportunities to enhance speed, accuracy and safety of laboratory processes.
* Foster an engaging and entrepreneurial work environment that values and maximizes the contribution and safety of each member of the team.
* Provide regular status feedback to internal and external customers through push notification and integrated product team participation.
* Troubleshoot & debug test systems in order to meet the requirements of the corresponding procedures.
* Conduct test readiness reviews to identify instrumentation and equipment required for new programs and plan for the purchase and availability in advance of the business need.
* Review and approve Test Procedures and Reports (QTP's, ATP's, QTR's etc.)
* Lead DLA meetings and track key performance indicators. Update boards as required.
10+ Years of experience in an engineering or product development role including familiarity with aerospace products and systems.
3-5 Years of technical management experience in an engineering laboratory.
* Strong command of applied mechanical physics and pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
* Strong people and process leadership skills in a laboratory environment.
* Product development and capital project management skills with specific accountabilities for cost, quality, and schedule.
* Mechanical design of fixtures and components necessary for test programs.
* Knowledge of sensor technologies, signal conditioning systems, data acquisition and control hardware and software.
* Use of common PC tools, MSOffice suite of applications, and 3D modeling software for fixture design.
* Knowledge of military and commercial aerospace specifications and standards such as MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160, and ISO-17025.
* Knowledge of good laboratory practices and safety principles in a laboratory environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong drive to meet commitments and a focus on internal and external customers.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.