MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE 10/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE
Winchester, VA 22603 US (Primary)
* Accomplishes quality assurance human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Working with external customers by having a strong customer service presence and delivery.
* Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements and implementing change.
* Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures, monitoring inventories.
* Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
* Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
* Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
* Updates job knowledge by studying trends and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Maintains Quality Management System document / change control system.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of plant personnel and company management. Strong administrative, organizational and supervisory skills.
* A thorough working knowledge of the processes involved in searing and coating tin plate.
* A thorough understanding of Product Development concepts, material properties, and finished product requirements.
* A thorough working knowledge of external customer requirements, processes, and expectations.
* The ability to professionally interact with customers whether face-to-face, verbal via telephone or written communication via emails or formal correspondence.
* A thorough understanding of common quality and problem solving tools including Statistical analysis, Pareto charts, Gauge R&R, PFMEA, Process Capability, and Histograms.
* A thorough understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma principles. A thorough understanding of equipment engineering/installation/modification concepts. Experience with computer software: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, Minitab, KMS, SAP, ETQ and Windows.
* Strong knowledge of investigations, problem solving and corrective action implementation.
* Ability to lead and manage all aspects of quality control process.
* Must have process improvement and strategic planning skills.
* Ability to be observant and analytical, strong focus and attention to detail, thoroughness and dealing with complexity.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent technical, organizational, planning problem solving skills
* Ability to lead and train direct reports applying interpersonal and team working skills.
* Good personal interactive skills are essential for the training, coaching and leading plant hourly and management teams in the Quality Management realm.
* Must work well with others and be able to communicate in an effective and clear manner.
* Ability to interface with corporate engineering and customers, concerning quality and process capability.
* Analytical skills must be highly developed with an ability to objectively evaluate data and perform statistical analysis.
* Excellent technical writing skills required to provide reports to create, maintain and update numerous written documents outlining and detailing all planned goals, protocols, procedures, processes, solutions and results related to implementation and monitoring of quality assurance measures.
* Complete multiple projects with deadlines while performing regularly assigned duties
0 - 10%