Manager, Regional Environmental
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/13/2018
Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide strategic and technical support on environmental permitting, compliance and sustainability practices to operations in the region. Work closely with operating sites to anticipate regulatory requirements and take corrective steps. Work with sites to evaluate compliance and develop effective programs and tools to ensure compliance. Work effectively with LNA EHS Director and other REMs to provide leadership and develop and implement best practice tools for environmental compliance and sustainability.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Understand regulatory options
* Work with Operations to understand development plans (CAPEX) and define optimal permitting strategy
* Prepare applications and negotiate with regulators
* Audit sites to define issues
* Work with sites to develop compliance strategies and management systems
* Promote best practices
* Define project objectives, deliverables and timelines
* Manage permitting projects, including consultants
* Provide consulting support on scientific, environmental and sustainability issues confronting the lime industry
* Work effectively with peers, senior operational management and the LNA EHS Director to define and implement priorities
* Provide mentoring and leadership to site EHS Managers
* Provide quick response as needed
* Travel up to 40% of the time
* Lift up to 50 pounds
* Able to work/walk in both office and manufacturing work spaces.
* Able to climb ladders and multiple stairways
* 10 years of relevant experience
* Experience with Title V permitting
* In depth knowledge of environmental compliance required
* Air permitting experience, especially in Arizona, Nevada and California
* Management systems knowledge
* NSR (New Source Review) experience is beneficial
* Ability to balance chemical equations and prepare mass balances
* Post-secondary degree required
* BS in Chemical Engineering preferred
* MS preferred
* Able to work effectively with operations staff and management
* Strong project management skills and proven success in project execution
* Excellent leadership skills and the ability to influence without authority
* Must be detailed oriented and able to back up your proposals or findings with data
* Assertiveness able to present and defend your position against opposition
LNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.