Manager, Talent Acquisition 9/19/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The Manager, Talent Acquisition matches superior candidates with organizational workforce needs by consulting hiring leaders on talent planning options, implementing sourcing strategies, cultivating long term relationships with candidates, and assessing candidates experience, long-term potential and cultural fit in order to increase quality of hire within time constraints ultimately impacting retention, career growth and company financial success.
* Cultivate relationships with hiring leader clients and teams by meeting face to face in formal and informal settings where possible.
* Research, compile and interpret data (quantitative and qualitative) pertaining to recruitment, turnover, staffing patterns, labor markets and workforce demographics.
* Consult hiring leader clients on new ideas to expedite hiring process, especially with new or unique positions, by diagnosing root causes, creating sourcing strategies, and interfacing with HR centers of excellence (i.e. compensation, L & TD)
* Advise hiring leaders on realistic profile for new and unique positions by sharing knowledge of marketplace and focusing on alternative options and competencies that address hiring need.
* Stay up-to-date on external best practices through TA/Recruiter networks, events and social media.
* Understand each division s core service offerings and strategic initiatives (e.g. reorgs, comp plans, etc.) through formal and informal touchpoints.
* Keep track of relevant department-specific talent management data including retention/turnover, career pathing/promotions and strategic initiatives.
* Educate hiring leaders on talent management programs and how they help enhance hiring decisions, on-boarding and long term retention.
* Communicate with hiring managers, trainers, and/or business partners to evaluate progress of new hires.
* Provide timely and tailored updates to executive leaders and hiring leaders by compiling and delivering relevant information in order to facilitate an expedited hiring process.
* Take a hand-on approach with newer hiring leaders by spending time in a proactive manner to advise on best practices and develop skill in interviewing and hiring decisions.
* Grow an extensive pipeline of potential candidates through referrals, social media and informational interviews.
* Cross-pollinate and refer candidates among TA team to optimize the match of talent and workforce needs by documenting and sharing candidate highlights that fit other positions.
* Manage database of potential future candidates.
* Network in marketplace by partnering with agencies, colleges, job fairs, etc. (VA initiative; outplacement agencies; college recruiting).
* Design and implement networking and sourcing strategies such as internal job fairs, college partnerships, etc.
* Manage the applicant selection process including screening of applications, telephone screening of candidates, reference checking, and interviewing.
* Present pre-qualified candidates.
* Utilize behavioral interviewing techniques at expert level in order to clearly differentiate between average and superior candidates.
* Negotiate offers, start date and relocation packages with candidates.
* Partner with the HR Service Center in the administration of the hiring process by providing timely information and following through on key steps in order to expedite turnaround times.
* Hire, develop and lead TA team members through effective leadership and communication skills to drive performance and engagement.
* Six plus years of corporate or agency recruiting experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience
* Five years recruiting experience and/or experience within a high volume, metrics-driven sales environment
Prior experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience