Manager, Technical Training
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Manager, Technical Training
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Customer Support Services (OCSS)
When you join Varian, you re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. Join Varian s Oncology Systems team, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer.
Technical Training Manager is responsible for providing immediate supervision to Technical Training Instructors. You will work with the Global Service Training Manager to plan and coordinate structured training program and provide effective feedback and recommendations to staff and senior management.
Also, you will need to work cross functionally with interdepartmental teams and GEO's to accomplish training goals and various tasks as assigned. Your ability, competence and confidence to lead people and effective interpersonal skills will make you a success in this role. ( You will be required to monitor your team strengths, weaknesses and motivations to get all assigned tasks done.)
Ultimately, you should set a good example and engage the team to achieve training goals.
* Responsible for the activities of customer and/or employee training in the operation of company products.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Manage and address employee issues such as personnel conflicts, poor performance management and grievances
* Leads and facilitates team meetings
* Listen to team members feedback, and resolve any issues or conflicts. If necessary escalate all personnel conflicts or performance issues to higher management.
* Provide mentorship and introduction to newly hired personnel
* Coordinates the staffing and scheduling of in house and field training.
* Requires understanding of current product use and application to plan course design and support documentation.
* Ensures training program(s) meets company and customer objectives.
* Maintains communication with customers to ensure effectiveness of training.
* Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected programs and provide guidance and direction on active projects and programs
* Must be flexible and able to work alternate shifts
* Domestic and International travel requirements 25%
Conducts in-person Technical Training ( 50% ):
Conducts class room training on or off site
* Learns, adapts, and provides training for department
* Maintains records of delivered training in LMS system
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office; working knowledge of program /project management software (MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage.
Develops training materials:
Updates and organizes training materials in team folders utilizing Box.
* Develops new instructional videos, training manuals
* Edits and updates existing training materials to new versions and standards
* Works with other managers to plan and coordinate structured training program
* Conducts Technical Training courses for external customers and/or internal employees in the use of complex VMS products.
* Interacts with customers and various other organizations to develop curriculum specific to new or existing products.
* Prepares lesson plans from engineering documentation, Field Service requirements or software documentation.
* Instruct participants in both classroom and laboratory lectures. Working with High Voltage experience a must.
* Maintain up-to-date technical documentation, to permanently keep informed regarding all operating characteristics, design factors, technical performance and developments of VMS products.
* Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness per VMS guidelines to perform activities under the safest working conditions.
* Troubleshooting experience with nodes and TCP/IP networks a plus. Field Service or Installation experience a plus.
* Management of administrative responsibilities including but not limited to; spare parts inventory, service reports, and tools & test equipment.
* Self-discipline to work with very limited supervision.
* Field troubleshooting and repair of Radiation Oncology systems a plus.
* This position may require you to work Alternate Shift and /Second Shift and weekends. Also, you may be required to travel domestically and internationally.
Become part of our team
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people s lives. You re just one click away from the most impactful work you ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Percentage of Travel Required