Manager Utilities Services, OSU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide and achieved revenues of USD$ 71 billion in 2016.
Job Office: Ohio State University
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time
Number of positions: 1
Schedule: To be confirmed
Manages the maintenance activities in the Central Utility Plants and geothermal well field and distribution systems maintenance and operation for steam and condensate , chilled water and natural gas, directs process improvements in maintenance materials and services procurement and inventory management, preventive and predictive maintenance programs, equipment assessment and optimization of lifecycle costs, supports department budget process and spending plans, provides design and specification review and construction coordination of Utility System Projects, supports utility infrastructure system planning, improvements, expansions and repairs, inspects new construction on utility plant and distribution projects, manages gas pipelines in compliance with state and federal safety standards, manages maintenance training and employee development programs, other duties as assigned. Subject to 24 hour call.
* Administers the Utilities Support Services group and directs shop personnel in the maintenance, repair and upgrade of utility plant, geothermal well fields and distribution systems for steam and condensate, chilled water and natural gas.
* Directs the operation of distribution systems including steam and condensate, chilled water and natural gas.
* Develops and improves preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
* Manages spare part inventories and record systems.
* Manages maintenance service contracts.
* Manages the maintenance work order and equipment histories and record keeping system.
* Provides analysis of equipment inspections and failures, developing repair and replacement plants on existing plant equipment and distribution systems.
* Reviews plans and specifications, insures constructability and maintainability of new equipment, provides oversite and coordination of construction outages, inspects construction for utility system projects and new building utility infrastructure to insure compliance with design standards.
* Insures construction closeout of projects, update and availability of utility distribution system drawings for operational needs.
* Insures adherence to safety and environmental policies and procedures, OSHA and EPA regulations, and design standards.
* Administers the natural gas pipeline safety program in compliance with State and Federal Standards.
* Provides recommendations and input to department budget process and spending plans, prepares, reviews and controls budget and spending for Utilities Support Services.
* Provides input to capital plans for the utility plants and distribution systems, supports system planning and recommends future steam, chilled water and natural gas improvements and repairs.
* Coordinates insulation maintenance activities, abatement and manage in place activities for the remaining asbestos containing materials in the utility system.
* 10 years experience in Utility Systems operation and maintenance,
* 5 years supervisory experience,
* Experience with computerized Maintenance Management System and Microsoft Office software,
* Must be able to work on construction sites, in extreme temperatures, on elevated work platforms and in confined spaces with potential exposure to steam, hot water, dirt and noise.
* Certification in non-destructive testing and welding procedures ,
* Experience with rotating equipment alignment, vibration analysis and lubrication ,
* Experience in natural gas safety standards ,
* Experience with SAP software.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
ENGIE Services Inc. is committed to the principles of equality in employment and invites women, aboriginals, members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.