Manufacturing Engineer - Littleton, NH 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Founded in 1924, BURNDY (a division of Hubbell) manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. AS SUCH, WE ARE INVESTED IN YOUR SUCCESS.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! WE ALSO OFFER GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own
Manufacturing Engineer conducts detailed studies and analysis in order to optimize manufacturing processes, estimates costs for new products, and dispositions non-conforming materials by performing the following duties.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Provide support to the manufacturing floor for all existing products and processes. Floor support includes but is not limited to dispositions of rejects, preparation of method deviations, and analysis of process problems related to material, methods, or machines.
* Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements that improve quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
* Work with Application Engineering and Product Design to develop processes, equipment specifications, cost analyses, operation sheets, item openers, make vs. buy decisions, and tooling for new products. Participates in pilot runs and debugging of new processes and machines.
* Guiding, informing and counseling production supervisors, plant management, and other personnel in the solution of process problems.
* May provide manufacturing input to Safety Committee (SAC), SPC Teams, Process Improvement Teams (PIT), Focus Team, Customer Service, Marketing, QC and Purchasing.
* Duties include tool design, CNC programming, preparation of stage drawings and set-up sheets, gage specifications, PLC programming, capacity and utilization studies, layouts, Capital Equipment justifications, Engineering Change dispositions and vendor liaisons.
* Apply engineering and statistical problem solving methods to process manufacturing problems in order to drive root-cause corrections and ongoing improvement.
* Designing, drafting, developing, and implementing tooling, fixtures, equipment, and/or accessories utilizing solid modeling packages to achieve process improvements.
* Developing and optimizing CNC programs using G-Code programming and solid model CAM packages.
* Developing/creating work instructions for jobs prior to actual manufacturing.
* Investigate, evaluate, and specify new manufacturing equipment and/or automation in order to make process improvements, reduce cost, improve safety, and improve quality.
* Working with Quality, Design, and Marketing personnel to determine the disposition of non-conforming products and materials.
* Evaluate, develop, and implement ergonomic changes for manufacturing processes.
* Champion continuous improvement activities.
* Provide technical training & support to direct labor employees.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
* Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.