Manufacturing Engineer 9/16/2017
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Team member for the cell's performance and generating maintaining traveler/operation plans and tooling drawing to support the manufacture and assembly of the company products. Must be hands on and willing to learn. Expected to assist in the development and qualification testing of engineering product. Candidate will be required to work with senior engineers and key manufacturing staff in activities.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Investigate problems and resolution (RCCA) in production and new products Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, work standards and status reports to ensure adherence to release schedules and quality requirements Establish and verify assembly standards to optimize material flow (one peace flow concept), assembly processes and cost validation.
* Perform life cycle engineering / management analysis with defined processes and standards. Review and sign-off on engineering changes, Initiate drawing changes as required.
* Review, refine, approve and coordinate product release ECN's both internally and with supply chain.
* Interface with and support the manufacturing floor, including facilitating a technical exchange, teaching and training. Create and maintain detailed manufacturing and assembly travelers, including planning the sequence of operations and specified procedures for fabrication and/or assembly of parts.
* Design assembly and fabrication tooling and fixtures; Troubleshoot problems, including but not limited to assembly, test, machining and process problems
* Requires travel to UK for first 3 months after starting 50% of the time
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Years Experience : 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of educations and experience
* Ability to read blueprints, machine shop knowledge, drafting and engineering knowledge.
* Working experience with materials such as aluminum castings, forgings, bar stock, stainless steel, alloy and steel.
* Excellent working knowledge of aerospace process and assemblies
* Knowledge of military and commercial aerospace specifications and standards
* Knowledge of aerospace hardware and associate specifications
* Excellent technical writing skills
* Experience with troubleshooting non-conforming material Assist/contribute/lead product and process improvements in the fabrication, assembly and test process Initiate drawing changes
* Experience with movig factories is a plus
* Experience with SmarTeam ad AutoCAD is a plus
* Experience with SAP is a plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.