Manufacturing Engineer 2 9/19/2017
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Manufacturing Engineer position is a completely hands-on role that will bring a high level of initiative, energy and accountability. We are looking for an individual who will optimize the manufacturing processes by identifying improvement opportunities and applying simpler, faster, cost effective and reliable methods.
Do you possess a deep understanding of Drafting to ASME Y14.1000 and GD&T to ASME Y14.5 2009 standards*
Have you earned a reputation for implementing principles and concepts on daily projects/ designs*
Do you enjoy working closely with a multi-functional team, to resolve issues with a data driven approach*
Are you experienced with New Product Developments*
We are growing and in need of someone with Fabrication (Punch press, injection molding, Machine Shop, Electronics manufacturing, automation) experience, ideally within the aerospace industry.
Ways you\'ll make an impact:
* Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control.
* Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure quality and safety of the job.
* Craft and maintain detailed manufacturing process instructions
* Develop and facilitate travelers and work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products.
* Establish time standards and consistently and continuously work towards implementing Least Waste Ways (LWW) Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times. Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
* Write and/or contribute subject matter to justify capital equipment purchases. Participate in concurrent engineering to ensure new and legacy designs are manufactureable and that optimum processes, equipment, and tools are employed.
* Collaborate with development engineering to successfully transition new products to production. Participate in cost quotation process.
* Champion the use of SPC to measure capability, reduce variability, and overall improve the quality of the product.
* Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including value stream mapping, cellular manufacturing, set-up time reduction, and overall waste reduction.
* Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma to minimize waste and maximize economies.
* Execute special manufacturing-related projects as assigned and deliver objectives on time with robust solutions
What you offer:
* You possess a BS degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years of hands-on manufacturing experience
* You have recently spent 5-10 years working with conventional and CNC mill/lathe, metal forming, investment casting, and injection and transfer moldings.
* You bring experiences from the automation and/or aerospace industry with a deep understanding of control systems
* You have detailed experience with electronic assembly solving problems
* You partner closely with design engineering, quality engineering and production personnel.
* You have taken multiple projects from concept to market
* You have accumulated 5000 hours using SolidWorks and are proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications.
* You have worked on automating processes/ systems and implemented lean manufacturing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).