Manufacturing Material Handler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
MANUFACTURING MATERIAL HANDLER
* Support production team as needed to clear jams, monitor equipment, empty waste hoppers, disposition product, perform housekeeping and fill-in for machine operator vacancies.
* Work safely and assume responsibility for safety of self and others.
* Follow all safety rules and policies.
* Maintaining excellent housekeeping.
* Participate in equipment maintenance activities.
* Participate in all machine shut-down and lace-up activities to support excellent machine uptime.
* Attend and contribute to team meetings and training.
* Communicate responsibly.
* Strive for continuous improvement in areas of safety, quality and productivity.
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Able to read and write effectively and perform basic arithmetic skills
* Good communications skills: verbal, listening, reading and writing resulting in the ability to lead others
* Strong interpersonal skills including a positive outlook toward team members, staff and company goals
* Demonstrated understanding of processes, equipment and product specs
* Strong work ethic including attendance, safety and performance
* Motivated, responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy and have a positive attitude
* Physical capability and stamina to fit work place demands
* Flexible and open-minded
* Experience in a heavy manufacturing environment/continuous process industry
* Skilled in problem identification and resolution
* Willingness to seek assistance and collaborate with support personnel
* Comfortable with PC-based office software and other common applications
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 80 pounds.
* Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
* Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
* Must be able to drive a forklift which requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as the ability to use your arms and legs to work the controls, breaks and steering wheel.
* Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
Continuing Quality Requirements:
* Perform responsibilities of the assigned tasks to contribute to plant and crew goals
* Perform all work accident-free and in compliance with GAF and govt. safety standards
* Continually comply with GAF policies & procedure (e.g., attendance, performance and record keeping), demonstrate continuous improvement as normal mode of operating
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions. GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).