Manufacturing Operator II 9/19/2017
Sheboygan Falls, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Produces and purifies chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of Sigma-Aldrich customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* The Manufacturing Operator 2 is responsible to perform essential job functions required at the Manufacturing Operator 1 level.
* Stages and destages materials and equipment using pallet mules, manual equipment, and PIT
* Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
* Identifies unsafe conditions and corrects them. Completes Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
* Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
* Achieves defined personal development goals
* Performs in-process analytical testing, including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
* Identifies malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
* Basic job-related SAP applications
Who you are:
Experience working in a chemistry-related environment.
HS Diploma or GED required
Desirable: AS Chemistry or Science related associate degree (chemical technician) or 2 yrs college chemistry
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.