This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 7/4/2017
Sheboygan Falls, WI
MilliporeSigma, a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor to be located in Sheboygan Falls, WI. This is a second shift position for a chemical production lab equipped with 20+ chemical hoods that operates 24 hours a day, five days a week, at a kilolab scale.
Who We Are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Who You Are: The Manufacturing Supervisor will manage and lead a team of manufacturing scientists and chemical operators and complete, participate in and troubleshoot production planning, as well as maintain and improve operations, systems, and building infrastructure. The Manufacturing Supervisor will also interact and communicate effectively with internal and external customers. The Manufacturing Supervisor will Pro-actively review Safety Procedures, MPR s, MMP s, MMF s Operating Procedure for inconsistencies and errors and modify as appropriate in a timely manner. The Manufacturing Supervisor will have:
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or other scientific discipline. Considerations for equivalent operational or business experience will be made in absence of a formal scientific degree.
* A Master s of Science or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and/or an MBA is desirable.
* A minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience, leading, training and/or motivating people is required
* A minimum 3 years manufacturing production or R&D experience is also required.
* Experience in Project management, planning and scheduling experience is strongly preferred
* Database knowledge experience in SAP, Oracle or similar is required
* Fundamental understanding of quality systems and requirements (ISO standards, semiconductor practices, GMP, etc.)
* Working knowledge of Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance
* Engage team and work with management ensure project/tasks are completed and communicate with all levels of the organization and cross functional groups.
* Analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints.
* Quality control & making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter.
What we offer:
Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.