Manufacturing Technician 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThink Different. Do Different. Be Different. What makes Alcami different* Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us. Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Alcami offers an integrated, end-to-end solution tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Our customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times.
A Manufacturing Technician I is responsible for the manufacturing of tablets and capsules for commercial distribution and clinical trials. Personnel in this position will operate manufacturing processing equipment by following standard operating procedures and batch records in accordance with FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Follow written procedures.
* Provide assistance to other operators.
* Document activities clearly and accurately.
* Perform basic math calculations.
* Operate solid oral dosage manufacturing equipment.
* Operate material handling equipment.
* Perform in-process testing.
* Perform cleaning of rooms, tools and equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
0 to 2+ years. Mechanical or pharmaceutical experience not required. Mechanical aptitude or work within a regulated environment preferred.
* Safety - Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (including gowning and powered respirators). Understands and follows safety procedures and works in a manner to avoid injury to self and co-workers. Willingness to work with highly toxic and controlled materials.
* Quality Control Ability to conduct routine in-process testing and visual inspections and identify out-of-specification conditions.
* Regulatory Compliance Ability to work in a regulated environment (FDA / DEA / OSHA) and strictly follow procedures.
* Communication Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing. Ability to read and comprehend detailed written instructions.
* Documentation Ability to clearly and concisely document all work activities in a timely manner utilizing existing forms and records. Writes legibly.
* Data Handling Perform basic math functions to include product accountability and material adjustment calculations and rounding. Basic computer skills.
* Material Handling Ability to move materials throughout facility using appropriate methods and equipment.
* Equipment Operation Operate machinery and read process control instruments to ensure proper operation. Identify operational problems when they occur.
* Cleaning Ability to clean rooms, equipment and tools for use in a cGMP environment.
* Maintenance Perform basic troubleshooting applications.
* Training Provide basic training to other operators after learning a skill set. Trainer certification not required.
* Client Interaction Minimal interaction. On an as needed basis.
* Leadership Exhibited leadership skills in individual areas of expertise.
* Work Schedule Must have the ability to work overtime when required.
* May directly interact with auditors during scheduled inspections.
* Teamwork Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances
* In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Back Email Apply Now