Manufacturing Transformation Co-op - Salt Lake City, UT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONManufacturing Transformation Co-op - Salt Lake City, UT
Employment Type: Intern or Other Job Types
Location: SALT LAKE CITY,UT
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Bimbo Bakeries USA Operations Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide student collaborations and project work in each area. Students will be exposed to a variety of functional areas such as engineering, operations, and production while earning college credits in various locations nationwide.
Responsibilities include the consistent collaboration with the Transformation team during the diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment. Successful candidate will be a results-oriented team player, have solid interpersonal skills, and a strong commitment. He/she will be challenged with controlling production costs and downtime, monitoring production and finished products, and communicating with associates.
* Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction.
* Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased line effectiveness.
* Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls.
* Provide assistance in design and execution of various projects (systems and floor).
* Facilitate training for the supervisors.
* Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Food/Baking Science, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
* Must be willing to work various shifts in Operations and overtime as needed.
* Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
* Ability to analyze data.
* The ability to help the transformation team throughout the bakery to achieve the goals.
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.