Market Area Instruction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
MARKET AREA INSTRUCTION MANAGER
Business Title: Market Area Instruction Manager
Department: Market Area
Berlitz enables people to communicate with confidence in a global environment in order to achieve their goals in life.
As the world s premier provider of language training and intercultural services, with a footprint in more than 70 countries, we offer premium and effective language training for kids, teens, and adults, as well as language, intercultural and business solutions for corporate clients. Our distinctive training methods, instructor-led learning approach, and flexible, multi-platform delivery, together enhance learners motivation and self-confidence necessary for successful communication on a global stage.
For over a century, our drive for innovation has led us to build a comprehensive portfolio enabling our clients to communicate with confidence. Founded in 1878, Berlitz is headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey. For more information on programs and services please visit www.berlitz.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assure the quality of our customer relationships (both internal and external) and program delivery by managing expectations with the aim of achieving long staying, loyal customers and employees. Work with Learning Center Manager (LCM) to manage student progress through close supervision of program content and systematic interaction with instructors. Manage the recruiting, training and retention of instructors. Build and lead the instructional team to ensure delivery of high quality programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage Program Experience at Berlitz
* Work with LCM to support all programs by analyzing students needs, identifying appropriate materials and creating specialized curricula as required
* In conjunction with LCM, conduct company visits to monitor external programs.
Instructor Recruiting, Training and Development
* Responsible for recruiting and on-boarding process of instructors for the Learning Center(s), work with LCM on verification of documents and new hire paperwork process. Track and manage instructor staffing levels
* Become fully familiar with the Instruction Qualification Program, Kids instructor training and deliver these as required following appropriate guidelines
* Plan and conduct instructor training to meet the requirements of the Area
* Observe and evaluate instructors lessons and give feedback to instructors
* Manage, in conjunction with the Learning Center Manager, all aspects of Instructor evaluation process, both in and out of the classroom, including off-site programs
* Manage Area instructor retention initiatives
* Work with instructors to improve their teaching skills
* Train instructors on new products
* Develop familiarity with HR processes and procedures
* Keep the Instructional Team informed about Berlitz, the business, and the instruction market
Support LC Operations
* Responsible to manage instructional costs
* Provide monthly report of Instructional activities to Market Area Director (MAD) and North America Director of Instruction, and other reports as needed
* Assist LC staff with product information as required
* Coordinate Customer Satisfaction surveys
* Ensure implementation of minimum standards as they relate to Instruction
* May be required to teach occasionally to meet business needs.
Solid line to Market Area Directors, and dotted line to N.A. Director of Instruction.
At Berlitz, we believe in providing with the most competitive benefits available, so we offer the following benefits for our regular full-time employees:
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Plan
* Credit Union (McGraw-Hill)
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Discounted Berlitz Language Lesson
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefits TransitChek
* Medical and Prescription Drugs/ Dental / Vision
* Flexible Spending Account - Medical and Dependent
* Paid Time Off including Vacation, Holidays, Personal, and Sick Leave
* 401K - Employer matches 50% of employee's first 10% of deferred contribution, upon meeting eligibility requirements.
Education: Four-year degree or equivalent experience
* Meet all the requirements of an excellent Berlitz instructor
* 2 years minimum instructional experience, foreign language instruction preferred
* Positive performance rating for current/most recent performance appraisal
* Working knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Internet
* Fluent English and at least one other language
* In Canada: Bilingual English-French
* Be flexible in working hours
* Be able to take initiative and work independently
* Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
Berlitz is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Applicants can view other relevant employment law posters and regulations from the Department of Labor by clicking on the links below:
Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Notice: Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Pay Transparency Final Rule
Short online video: Disability Inclusion Starts with You Voluntarily self-identifying is a good thing!
If you would like to request accommodation for an alternative way to complete an application due to a disability, or need support for any technical related issue that prevents you from completing an application, please email email@example.com.