Marketing and Communications Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. We believe that teams comprised of smart, creative and dedicated individuals can move a customer s mission forward. We re looking to hire leaders who can support and focus their team s talent in the pursuit of impactful solutions based on technology. If you re ready to begin your career at REI, we want to hear from you!
Do you want the opportunity to grow, learn and contribute every day* Enjoy working with amazing people* If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will help implement REI s brand, focusing primarily on federal, state and local government clients, and differentiating REI from other companies. S/he will help influence current customers to strengthen their opinions of REI and broaden the range of needs for which they request REI s support. The Marketing & Communications Manager will be expected to help make target customers aware of REI, so that they recognize our company, know our core offerings and differentiators. The Marketing & Communications Manager will leverage this increasing customer awareness toward inbound inquiries/leads and demand for REI services. The Marketing & Communications Manager s efforts will also make current employees and prospective recruits aware of REI, our company s strengths and culture.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
* Contribute to development of REI s company-wide marketing strategy, identifying options, and recommending tactics once a strategy has been adopted
* Play a key role in executing the marketing strategy directly, and by working with and through others
* Understand REI s target markets and solution offerings and suggest revisions to those, based upon market trends that the Marketing & Communications Manager observes/identifies
* Plan/initiate and lead/conduct marketing campaigns, events, and public relations efforts, coordinating with leadership of REI s four Business Units
* Lead REI s digital branding and marketing efforts, including analytics related to REI s web presence, social media, and marketing results. This should be oriented toward audiences that include customers, recruits, and potential teaming partners
* Evaluate, recommend, and manage implementation of SEO/SEM improvements for REI (Search Engine Optimization / Search Engine Marketing)
* Provide substantial input to REI s social media presence, helping identify topics, draft posts, evaluate impacts, and recommend strategies/campaigns
* Conceive and write content for REI s website helping REI to demonstrate thought leadership in areas of need for current and target REI customers.
* Capture lessons-learned both regarding REI impact for existing customers, and regarding REI s successful and unsuccessful bids and proposals. May draft case studies to share those lessons within REI and/or with external audiences.
* Maintain awareness of REI competitor marketing strategies and substance, recommends strategies and tactics for REI s use to improve our position with respect to competitors.
* May represent REI at conferences, forums and professional events
* Identify topics for REI s internal communications and external blogs; draft blog postings (and coordinate drafting by others), and manage posting to REI s internal and external blogs
* Promote and communicate to REI internal audiences about REI Events, so as to increase awareness, participation, and morale
* Contribute to and manage REI s internal social media channel (Yammer)
* Serve as the point of contact for, and manage surveys of REI employees (e.g., the Washington Post Best places to work survey )
* If requested, conduct pulse checks with individual employees to gauge morale, identify their information needs, help identify trends that impact REI s ability to attract and retain highly capable employees
* Develop and help implement strategies and campaigns to increase REI s prominence as an attractive employer; developing messaging that can target specific talent pools, and candidate groups needed by REI
* Plan and carry out social listening, monitoring social media discussions by recruits, staff and alumni about REI (e.g., on GlassDoor, LinkedIn, etc.)
* Plan strategy and initiate internal communications around morale, benefits
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
* Seven to ten years of experience marketing toward government customers
* Success marketing in the Information Technology arena
* Success executing product marketing and branding strategies
* Achieved visible, concrete and demonstrable results from digital marketing and social media
* Can provide examples of market scanning surveys that have helped a previous employer develop offerings, market focus, and marketing strategies
* Demonstrated results from marketing efforts (market share growth, inbound lead volume, sales growth, strengthened brand awareness, etc.)
* Success initiating and leading internal communication strategies/campaigns, with demonstrated/measurable results
* Ability to multi-task, collaborate, and be a team player
Bachelor s degree in Communications, business and management, information systems, computer science, or another related field
Master s degree in related field may be substituted for three years experience
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience.