This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/30/2017
Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
Lake Arrowhead, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur Massage Therapists are responsible to deliver professional, therapeutic and rejuvenating massage therapies and body treatments to spa guests while being a productive and active team member of the Spa.
A few of the highlighted responsibilities are:
1.Call in to confirm all appointments for which you are scheduled. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to first appointment scheduled for the day. Be available within one hour during any shift you are scheduled for.
2. Greet guest with a smile, maintain eye contact and use guest's surname.
3. Ensure that the guest has a full understanding of the service and is comfortable prior to beginning treatment. Do not diagnosis physical ailments or give advice in regards to medical concerns.
4. Provide quality, safe, consistent and ethical massage to all guests. During the service, check with the guest regularly to assure guest's comfort and pressure of massage. Check with guest on room temperature, amount of light, music and any other aspects of the guest's experience that can be adjusted for their comfort.
5. Interact with guests and fellow team members in a friendly and service oriented manner. Offer each guest water at the end of their service.
6. Clean work areas when finished with treatment, keeping it clean and prepared for the next guest and staff member. Treatment rooms are always left in a clean presentable fashion. Complete assigned side work - this includes but is not limited to: separating linens, wiping down counters, cabinets, doors and oil bottles, refilling oil bottles, cleaning the hot cabbies, clean items used for treatments, etc.
7. Adjust table height for correct ergonomic working standards.
8. Participates in all required training, attends all monthly/quarterly staff meetings.
9. Check in with Spa Concierge/Front Desk Attendant when arriving and leaving the Spa.
10. At a minimum, abide by all National Board of Massage Certification regulations and guidelines. Some locations may have higher standards which massage therapists are required to comply with.
11. Some locations may require each massage therapist to perform at least (2) guest contact services per month and participate in marketing of the spa; offering chair massage and attending events. P Minimum Qualifications
* 2 years in massage therapy practice
* Resort Spa experience preferred
* Minimum 1000 hours massage education LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
* CMATC certification required.
* Valid Certification from the State of California
* Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
* Customer service oriented
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Positive, courteous and enthusiastic attitude
* Self-motivating personality with good problem resolution skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
* Ability to stand long periods of time as well as frequent reaching and bending
* Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
* Ability to walk up and down stairs. Additional Information