This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 4/25/2018
North American Pipe Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Material Expeditor Location GA, Greensboro
Requisition Number 2652
# of openings 1
To ensure all products and materials have been properly recorded and accounted for by performing the following duties. Follow SOP s in PIPE Material Expeditor Binder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Certified as B Level Operator and successfully completed forklift certification.
* Properly remove completed palletized units from line and transfer to the weight scales
* Check the palletized unit for quality defects and any visual defects (loose or bad banding, broken boards) or any other improper bundling procedures that could cause a safety hazard or damage to the product. Check the rack for any loose shavings and blow them out if necessary. Verify the print is accurate, document verification on Expeditor Print Verification Form and turn in with shift paperwork.
* Complete paperwork as required.
* All weighed and visually inspected palletized units are to be put in the buffer area for Q.A. to inspect.
* All scrap is to be cut into 20-foot lengths and banded as a unit (all colors must be segregated) weighed and recorded. Insure all gaskets have been removed. Scrap will then be moved to a hold area by the material expeditor and checked by Q.A. for any gaskets or foreign material. From the hold area, it will be transferred to a grinding area where it will be checked by the material expeditor before loading into the grinder. The material expeditor is responsible for keeping the grinder feed table full at all times.
* A rejected rack is ultimately the line operator s responsibility and should be held accountable for correcting the problem. However, the material expeditor is expected to assist as instructed by his supervisor
* Each material expeditor is responsible for the care and routine maintenance of his or her lift. The lift truck operators check list should be completed before the beginning of the shift and turned in to the supervisor by the end of the shift. This form is available in the production office!
* Material expeditors are responsible for keeping areas clean and organized as defined by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requirements are High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.