This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/11/2018
East Butler, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
Moves material, parts, or products within IDL work centers by way of lift truck, other material moving equipment or by hand in a safe and efficient manner. Supports work center operations by maintaining an organized and consistent flow of materials between various operations within the work center according to production standards and schedules. Assists Inventory Analyst with inventory control.
Operate assigned equipment safely in accordance with company and OSHA safety programs and rules.
* Uses material handling equipment and performs work in accordance with approved procedures and work instructions.
* Reports quality and production concerns and issues to assigned Department Supervisor.
* Performs some minor entry into IDL inventory control system
* Assists Inventory Analyst with inventory control by documenting material movements and releases.
* Conducts operator level preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
* Keeps work environment neat and clean.
* All other duties as required.
* Supervisory Responsibilities
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
* Ability to work overtime as required
Qualifications / Requirements
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Must have and maintain a valid lift truck license in accordance with company lift truck program
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled