Material Handler 9/19/2017
Lhoist North America
Ste Genevieve, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform duties to ensure the proper disposition in loading and unloading of bulk materials during a scheduled 12 hour shift; with key focus loading and /or unloading bulk materials, lime, hydrated lime, dolime, coal, and/or coke from barges, rail cars, and /or trucks; keep all related equipment clean and functional; and perform all other assigned task, mainly the operational inspections and trouble shooting of the two Sorbacal hydrators. All related functions necessary to keep them operating at peak performance. Perform all other task new and nor specifically indicated that will occur from time to time. Operation of loading out necessary limestone tons to supply Prairie State power with limestone.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Perform pre-shift inspections on all fixed equipment from barge loading to the tp of the coal silos. Pre-shift and ongoing shift inspections in the hydrator operation. Mobile equipment including but not limited to rail car mover, excavator material handler, skid steer, and yard truck.
* Unload and load rail cars, trucks, barges with proper materials. Materials include hical lime, hydrated lime, dolomitic lime, lime kiln dust, limestone, coal, and coke. Understand and follow all procedures for the safe operating of equipment necessary to perform these functions.
* Cleaning and maintaining of equipment, scales, railroad tracks, and spurs. Maintaining cleanliness under all belt systems, and transfer points, all walkways in the areas. Report major spills that help must be obtained to get clean-up completed in a timely manner.
* Safety is the top priority in all areas and is the responsibility of the personal to make sure all tasks are performed with safety as the number one priority. The goal of zero accidents or incidents is number one in priority.
* The procedure to clean all transfer points inside of lime before unloading coal and coal before loading lime is a most important task of this job. Without proper maintenance of clean transfer chutes the potential for catastrophic fire is definitely possible. Maintain this procedure and task as high priority.
* If a system is down for maintenance or failure assist maintenance any way possible to get the PM or breakdown maintenance completed so that the equipment can be in operation mode in a timely manner.
* Willingness to learn new position on shift to potentially fill the other positions when they become open. To be able to perform the task required in the other positions during vacation periods or illness.
* Willingness to participate in JSA writings, task training, job description updating and team meetings to assure good communication and team work is maintained at all times. Cooperate with all teams in the pant and participate in off shift activities when possible.
* Positioning, moving, switching rail cars and barges in a safe manner important.
* Executing the daily shipping schedule and maintaining accurate documentation very important.
* Gather and document quality samples for pickup by laboratory personnel to test.
* Clean and accurate loading of trucks and rail cars maintain the tops of the bulk trailers as clean as possible.
* Desire to improve process in an ongoing manner so constant improvements is had. Share ideas that improve on truck loading or barge loading so that all team personal can do the position as efficiently as possible.
* Perform all task in a neat and orderly manner, strictly adhering to all company and governmental safety and environmental rules and regulations.
* Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with team leaders, peers, rail and barge company personal, and truck drivers.
* Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
* Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
* Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office products and SAP.
* Strong record of attendance reliability.
* Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
* Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
* The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
* The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
* Ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:1-2 years. Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is highly preferred. Previous heavy equipment experience is desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
FOR THIS POSITION, BEING AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. IS A PRECONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)