Material Handling Tech II - Days (FHD) 9/20/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Material Handling Tech II - Days (FHD)
Auto Req ID
Material Handling Equipment Technician II will possesses strong technical skills and has performed maintenance in industrial environments. They will support MHE III Technicians, troubleshoot problems, is able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines. Develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
Responsibilities will include:
* Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical and mechanical equipment
* Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
* Implement Preventive Maintenance programs
* Ability to maintain, and troubleshoot basic power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
* Ability to, maintain, and troubleshoot basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders
* Basic knowledge of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
* Mentor Level 1 technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
* Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
* Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
* Lift and move items up to 49 pounds each
* Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
* Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
* Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
* Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
* Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
* Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
* Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
* Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Operation Support & Customer Service:
* Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
* Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
* Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
* Automated conveyors systems and controls
Electrical and electronic principles
Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
Knowledge of CMMS programs
Preventative maintenance procedures
Industrial PC literacy
Knowledge of N.E.C. * Ability to work independently
* Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
* Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
* Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
* 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
* Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
* Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.