Materials Engineering Co-Op 10/11/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
The Manufacturing Engineer I will assist in the planning and coordination of manufacturing processes and procedures to implement the best methods of work. The incumbent will interface with other engineers and functions to constantly evaluate the production and manufacturing process to identify areas for improvement.
* Assist in the design, preparation, and implementation of lean process plans for new products and current product improvements.
* Assist in the analysis and planning of work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layout for maximum efficiency.
* Provide input to manufacturing, equipment, and/or tooling solutions to balance product cost and lead time.
* Interface with all operations and support necessary personnel to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Coordinate design concept proposals for use in project evaluations and cost estimates.
* Assist in the implementation of new equipment, tooling, and process techniques in accordance with the manufacturing strategic plan.
* Assist with the time studies, lay out, and production time analyses of upgrades, line balancing and processes improvements.
* Participate in the selection, purchase, and improvement of tools and fixtures.
* Revise and document manufacturing processes and procedures as required.
* Work closely in a team environment with engineers, supervisors and manufacturing personnel and promote company principles such as Quality and Lean Manufacturing.
* Work closely with maintenance personnel in troubleshooting problems as needed and equipment installation and set-up.
* Perform other activities as assigned.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
* Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedural manuals
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability, statistical inference, and geometry/trigonometry
* Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related Field
Years of Experience
Minimum of 1 year related work experience
We Offer: Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..