Senior Materials Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 8/29/2018
A. O. smith
A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS), founded in 1874, is one of the world s leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment and boilers, offering a comprehensive line featuring the best-known brands in North America and China, as well as water purification products for residential and light commercial applications. Our McBee, South Carolina facility is home to the Engineering and Manufacturing teams for our Commercial Water Heaters and Boilers.
We are looking for a Senior Materials Planner that will be responsible for all aspects of the raw material planning process in a lean manufacturing environment including but not limited to communication with suppliers and internal customers to ensure all raw material needs to support production requirements, as well as ensuring customer order delivery commitments are met while achieving company cost, lead time, and inventory reduction goals.
* Proactively manage the inventory of the commodities for which they are responsible in a manner that minimizes inventory levels while meeting production needs.
* Develop detailed plans for month over month inventory reduction/stockouts and execute those plans.
* Expedite material when necessary to cover spikes in demand, to include vendor communication, carrier communication and tracking information.
* Provide detailed information with regards to coverage of supply, days of supply on hand and perform analysis on opportunities for inventory reduction.
* Perform root cause analysis on failures in supply, inventory accuracy and vendor performance.
* Investigate inventory discrepancies and establish corrective actions.
* Proactively reduce shortage quantities to production, while meeting inventory on hand goals and objectives.
* Investigate, analyze, reduce and eliminate slow-moving and obsolete inventory.
* Analyze MRP (daily) and forecast data, generate purchase orders, and manage Kanban s to meet production needs with minimal inventory investment.
* Analyze supply and demand and provide recommendations to reduce inventory, improve efficiencies and provide future recommendations to improve supply streams.
* Develop and implement tools to improve supply streams and reduce inventory on hand, while minimizing production shortages.
* Coordinate material shipments with internal and external logistics services.
* Identify and communicate material supply issues that may affect production schedules, and provide product effected, date of resolution and steady state supply information.
* Identify and develop improved material supply processes to support lean initiatives.
* Prepare detailed production schedules in accordance with required volumes, plant capacity and materials availability.
* Work closely with production schedules to understand priorities and provide daily information with regards to production shortages and supply restoration.
* Compile records of production reports on volume, materials, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Engineering.
* Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
* Minimum of 3 years' planning experience in SAP
* Must have strong analytical skills, project management, and verbal/written communication skills
* Must be able to perform root cause analysis (5Why, 8D, etc.)
* CPM or APICS certification preferred. Willingness to achieve certification required.
* Must be able to work independently and with a team.
* Must have a proactive work ethic and drive for continuous improvements.
* Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook.
* Working knowledge and experience with using and implementing Lean Manufacturing processes and methodologies.
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs, tuition assistance, and on-site fitness center..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.