MBST C2 Support Fires 9/19/2017
Obsidian Solutions Group
Twentynine Palms, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MBST C2 Support Fires
Primary Location: Twentynine Palms, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The MBST C2 Support Fires will Establish C2 Fires Systems and MAGTF Fires processes for reserve unit training.
* Install, operate, and maintain AFATDS, C2 System Injectors, JADOCS, and TLDHS.
* Perform System Administrator duties on designated C2 Fires Systems, to include database and system security management.
* Develop and provide instruction for C2 Fires Systems and MAGTF Fires processes.
* Provide technical advice to Information Management Officers, Exercise Control Cell, and Communication Division.
* Perform as a C2 Fires System operator ISO exercises.
* Apply security technical implementation guides (STIG s) per DoD Guidelines.
* Install IAVAs and ensure that the network elements and application servers are IA compliant.
* Contributes to exercise orders, CONOPs, and operations process cycles across all six warfighter functions and social media.
Knowledge and Skills
* Working knowledge of C2 and simulation systems, and simulations systems federations.
* Ability to learn current and future simulations systems and federation support systems.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of military operations and organizations to include military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships.
* Ability to research complex issues and develop comprehensive reports.
* Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
* Possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Associate s Degree is required; Bachelor s degree is desired.
* A minimum of 3 years experience in related operations, system administration, military training and technical fire direction experience required.
* Must meet DoDI 8570.1-M Information Assurance workforce program requirements for Information Assurance Technician level 2.
* Certifications required: Comp TIA Security+ or CompTIA Network +.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.