Mechanic B 10/12/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
- Perform Skilled Mechanical duties involving operations, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing natural gas engines, compressors, generators and other power driven equipment.
- Inspect Turbines / engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; perform repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Maintain compressor logs, diaries, oil sampling and inventories of parts, equipment, lube oils and coolants.
- Able to maintain operating statistic utilizing condition monitoring programs.
- Provide maintenance and other essential job duties as required with a Web base on-line maintenance program. (EAM).
- General upkeep of facilities and equipment including: engines/compressors, company vehicle and shop
- Able to support existing on call schedule, some overtime is required.
- Must be team oriented, self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety, compliance, and environmental policies.
- Perform supporting duties within station operations including I&E support, Measurement support, and Pipeline support upon request.
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- High School education or equivalent.
- 3 years or more previous experience.
- Solar turbine experience preferred, but not required.
- Good driving record.
- Must be a team player. Willing to assist in all areas of operation.
- Microsoft Products including word, excel, and outlook.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record and a reliable means of transportation
- Possess reliable means of contact for call-out purposes
- Shift work will require working days, nights, holidays in all weather conditions and overtime
- Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
- Physical capabilities of: standing, walking, bending, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, frequent heavy lifting
- 24/7 call out response. On call rotation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications