Mechanical Engineer Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
Job Summary: This individual will interact with a team of engineers, architects, designers, and project managers on commercial and government systems design projects under direction of the Senior and Staff Engineers at the GP Titusville, Florida Office.
Major duties include:
* Designing mechanical piping and process systems, HVAC, and building plumbing
* Assist engineers in performing stress, flow and heat transfer calculations
* Creating system design plans from engineering concepts
* Developing construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD and REVIT (as needed)
* Performing other related duties as required
Job requirements and qualifications:
* Must be currently enrolled full-time in an Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree program
* Must have a minimum of 12 semester hours in core engineering course work
* Individual must be a junior (or higher)
* Experience designing electrical projects using AutoCAD
* Must have a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
* Able to work in a highly organized manner where detail, accuracy, confidentiality, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines are critical
* Must be able to receive clearance to work at Government Locations
Experience Required - Entry Level
Education Requirement: High School Diploma, At least a Junior enrolled in an accredited College Level Engineering Program.
Required Travel: Less than 10%
* Able to work in an industrial environment.
* Can carry 15 pounds over head.
* Ability to work in Titusville, Florida 10-16 hours per week.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.