This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
Topcon America Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMECHANICAL ENGINEER
Senior Level Contributor
Agriculture & Construction
Location : Location
Provide mechanical design engineering and autonomous vehicle research for machine control products.
Core Job Duties:
* Perform 3D product modeling in Solidworks to develop machine control sensors and components
* Perform vibration and thermal stress analysis simulations
* Sensor selection and integration for machine control systems
* Develop algorithms for autonomous navigation of earthmoving equipment applications
* Participate in cross functional development teams
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education & Experience:
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Coursework, team project, or internship experience developing unmanned vehicles applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proficient with Solidworks
* Understanding of material selection and design techniques for harsh vibration and environmental conditions
* Basic understanding of closed loop control systems
* Working knowledge of Python, OpenCV, and MATLAB
* Familiar with ROS and Orocos environments
* Fundamental understanding of electrical systems and electronic devices
* Excellent oral and written communication skills