Mechanical Engineer 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer in our Winston-Salem office who has experience with Chemical, Power and/or Industrial projects, particularly specifying piping and mechanical equipment. The incumbent must have experience in the design and/or specification of mechanical equipment including pumps, filters, agitators, tanks, pressure vessels, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, heat exchangers, dust collection, conveying equipment, blowers, fans and/or other major mechanical equipment. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Conceptual design and cost estimation
* Code studies
* Develop equipment arrangement plans and details for new and retrofit plant processes
* Specify piping and mechanical equipment
* Design process and utility piping systems and supports.
* Use ASME piping and pressure vessel codes in performing design
* Coordination of design with designers, internal project team, and external clients
Skills & Qualifications:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering and PE certification
* 10+ years experience
* Experience in Chemical, Power, or Industrial mechanical equipment
* Project Management experience
* Knowledge of applicable ASME, SMACNA, NFPA, and Building Codes for duct and piping as well as secondary systems including insulation, heat tracing, pneumatic, and hydraulic controls
* Knowledge of fabrication methods including material selection, welding, painting/coating/surface treatments, and pressure testing.
* Experience with AutoCAD and/or microstation preferred
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer