Mechanical Inspector 9/19/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position functions as the Mechanical Inspector, providing OBO a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of Montevideo Major Rehabilitation Project in Montevideo, Uruguay.
* Responsible for performing technical inspections of mechanical work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, preparing detailed cost estimates, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance
* Inspection of mechanical systems (including but not limited to Building Automation System, air handling units, chillers, VAV systems, FCU systems, chilled piping, air duct systems, Fire sprinklers, and vertical transportation)
* Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other architectural and engineering disciplines
* Must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
* Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent's area of expertise
* After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor's proposed remedy
* Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
* Work on the Renovation site construction will be performed to U.S. standards
* Have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
* Performs commissioning tasks, including coordinating close outs and commissioning of systems
* Review and assist with the coordination and execution of testing and balancing of all systems associated with the commissioning process
* Performs additional duties at the Project Director's discretion
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of proposal
* Must be able to obtain an Interim TS or Final TS security clearance with DS granted Acceptability Review (AR) before deployment
* Associate of Arts Degree or an Associate Technical Degree from an accredited university in the United States + a minimum of 7 years of on-site vertical construction experience (field activities on buildings)
* Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
* Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience
* Possess excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Work
* Seven years of experience in commercial building construction and shall have seen at least one project of similar scope to the project being supported through from start to completion in that capacity
* Commercial construction required
* U.S. and International Mechanical Codes experience required
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with BAS controls and commissioning of major systems
* Overseas experience is preferred
* U.S. Embassy construction program experience highly desired
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
WORK LOCATION: MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 40 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE PROGRAM
TENTATIVE DEPLOYMENT DATE: NO LATER THEN JANUARY 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled