Media Communications Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
STANLEY Security is in growth mode and we are seeking motivated and success oriented Media Communications Specialist to add to our Team. As a Media Communications Specialist, you will work with the STANLEY Security CSS division team to produce digital communications across a broad spectrum of media for the CSS internal audience. This individual will be responsible for creating and shooting informational and communication videos as well as develop and improve graphics for other communications mediums, including PCs and mobile devices all designed to improve employee communications, engagement, onboarding and more. This individual will also be responsible for developing communications and presentations for the SBD internal communication platforms such as WorkPlace, SalesForce.com, SharePoint and more.
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Utilize the internal social media platform, Workplace, for announcements for STANLEY Security and Stanley Black & Decker
* Assist with rhythms for Reward and Recognition, creative updates and recaps of events
* Assist with capturing stories on video such as local branch activities, celebrations, community outreach programs, purpose/mission videos from executive leadership
* Create, Update and improve the virtual onboarding process including creation of PowerPoint decks, Functional videos describing job specific work, etc.
* Update and Improve the Digital Signage strategy and content.
* Assist In Engagement Strategy By Working On The Following Projects:
* STANLEY Standard Campaign
* Video Series
* Print materials, such as posters
* Workplace visuals and Infographics
* PowerPoint Deck library
* PNC Engagement Strategy Development and Implementation
* Link the PNC to the STANLEY Standard and provide ample communication and marketing around the linkage
* Assist in the rebranding of the facility with communications, visuals, etc.
* Implement Engagement Programs Such As Thank you & Birthday Cards
* New Building Visuals
* Review, advise and distribute visuals for the new building/themes for Conference Rooms (request from SS President)
* Participate in Engagement Committee and assist with events
* Manage and Oversee the CSS Employee Opinion Survey
* Execute action items that involve videos/graphics facility updates, signage, R&R visuals, Don t Wait campaign
* STANLEY Strategic Suppliers
* Assist with new STANLEY Security Discovery Center (customer demonstration area) to incorporate the correct supplier logos
* Produce video series/communications to promote internal relationships
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or Communications
* Strong Graphic Design experience in both web and print
* Video editing experience using various video editing software.
* Video filming experience professional video filming equipment preferred
* Experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
* Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe After Effects
* Excellent skills in both Mac OS and Windows OS are strongly preferred.
* Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet.
* Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media.
* Ability to prioritize and work under pressure while managing multiple projects with strict deadlines and deliver high quality results within budget
* Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing fairly complex projects
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.