MEDICAL ASSISTANT FLOAT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our health system; they are our most important strength. The health system offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Medical Assistant Float
* * Accurately schedules radiology tests; obtains films and reports; and prepares laboratory specimens according to policy.
* * Assists physicians and/or nurses with special procedures and examinations as defined on competency checklist.
* * Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care. May record elements of the patient history for clinical staff
* * Electronically submits, calls and/or faxes in prescriptions and refills to outpatient pharmacies
* * Ensures data collected for completed procedures is recorded on appropriate forms and in medical records
* * Maintains medical records. Ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record. Distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
* * Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned areas and insures par levels of supplies are maintained. Checks and completes required logs and equipment such as refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, emergency/crash carts, suction and other required checks.
* * Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients; registration; scheduling; pre- certification of tests, procedures and medications; processing insurance forms; preparing financial records; answering phones; and entering ambulatory care charges.
* * Performs simple procedures as directed by the ambulatory nurse or physician and as defined on the competency checklist.
* * Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures and documents in medical record.
* * High School Diploma or GED required
* * BLS Certification required
* * Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or at least three years of Medical Assistant job experience
* * Previous medical office experience preferred
* * Ability to understand, speak, read and write English
* * Basic typing and word processing ability required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.