Medical Assistant - O.U. Medical - Oklahoma City, OK 9/17/2017
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00322-27291
Under general supervision, performs pre-analytical laboratory work that assists in the diagnosis and treatment at OU MEDICAL CENTER patients.
* Responsible for the receiving, processing and distribution of routine and stat specimens for the following sections: hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, chemistry, toxicology, cytology, pathology, blood bank, and microbiology.
* Duties also include transporting specimens from other laboratories and registering patient billing information into Meditech.
* Operates laboratory equipment such as scales, centrifuges, and incubators.
* Documents proper maintenance of instrumentation/equipment.
* Ensures all CAP, JCAHO, and CLIA regulatory requirements are met with documentation.
* Interacts with hospital staff to address and resolve problems.
Last Edited: 09/15/2017