Medical Office Receptionist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/23/2017
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONEmcare is a leading provider of physician services for emergency departments, inpatient physician services, inpatient radiology management programs, acute care surgery and anesthesiology services. Founded in 1972, EmCare has more than 1,000 exclusive contracts with client hospitals in nearly 42 states. We have an excellent opportunity for a Medical Office Receptionist to join our team!
WE OFFER A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES:
Full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Company Matching 401 K
Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
2 weeks Paid Vacation
To assist medical practice by answering phone calls and servicing patients by greeting them for appointments, making appointments, and assisting patients at the initial point of services. Providing clerical support to admitting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Verify patients insurance on daily basis prior to and including day of appointment
* Verify patient information pertinent to visit, including, but not limited to authorizations, available labs, patient financial responsibility
* Greet patients and check them in.
* Collect applicable patient financial responsibility i.e. copayments, coinsurances, deductibles etc
* For non-insured patients, discuss established self-pay rate and collect monies
* Obtain all pertinent paperwork from patient needed from patient, i.e. patient demographics, insurance card, identification etc
* Answer phone calls
* Prepare patient charts for appointments
* Schedule Appointments
* Pull medical charts for next-days business
* Create new patient charts
* Prepare charge tickets and insurance information for billing purposes
* Any additional duties as assigned by practice office manager
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
* Two or more years administrative experience
* Medical office experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and type 50 words per minute
EOE including Veterans and Disabled