Medical Receptionist, Vascular Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONMEDICAL RECEPTIONIST, VASCULAR SURGERY
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST, VASCULAR SURGERY
HMH MANAGEMENT INC
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Medical Receptionist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
* The primary role of the Medical Receptionist is to provide reception and clerical services under the supervision of the practice manager and physician(s) for the patients and visitors of the practice. These services may include billing, collections, referrals, appointments, patient contact, and general secretarial duties.
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service. To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone. As a leader, the supervisor must lead by example.
* Checks in patients; consistently and courteously verifies and obtains required demographic information. Collects copayment and any applicable balances; Verifies insurance eligibility; Ensures appropriate referrals are obtained (specialty offices); Ensures patient completes appropriate paperwork including but not limited to face sheet, ABN, and HIPAA forms; Accurately enters patient demographic information in billing/computer system.
* All aspects of the checkout process are completed accurately and timely, and in a friendly manner. Reviews charge slip; posts charges/payments into system; collects current and past due balance(s); schedules future appointment(s); initiates referral process.
* Assists with financial responsibilities including: keeping abreast of reimbursement and billing procedures; accurately verifies information on audit journal; prepares bank deposits and credit card batches; signs and dates completed daily cash receipts log and summary and verifies and signs off on all money collected. These tasks are completed with accuracy, timeliness, and with little or no supervision. Ensures that collected monies are stored safely according to practice protocol.
* Receives and directs all communication courteously and consistently and according to HIPAA guidelines and office policy. Telephones are answered within three rings; calls are placed on hold appropriately; identifies themselves and the practice; doesn t leave phones unattended. Records complete written (or EMR) messages legibly. Ensures that messages are delivered and followed up on in a timely manner. Schedules appointments as per office protocol.
* Maintains efficient and accurate filing and record maintenance system. Assembles new patient folders and retrieves/returns records according to protocol if on paper. Follows protocols established for EMR for scanning/filing documents.
* Monitors general office supply inventory and equipment. Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low. Alerts manager of equipment malfunctions. Assists with unpacking, storing, and/or distribution of supplies upon delivery.
* Team Work in a practice is critical to our success. As such, all team members must display cooperative interactions with others and accepts responsibility for what needs to get done. Team members perform a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive manner.
High School diploma or equivalent
* Secretarial science education or comparable experience. Post high school courses in medical terminology
* 2 years experience in a medical office preferred
* CPR certification a plus
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.