MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST 9/20/2017
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Part Time 20 Hours
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health, our Medical Technologists team is focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. The Medical Technologist is responsible for providing information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analysis. Our complete spectrum of laboratory services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
* Determining normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices
* Preparing reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
* Maintaining patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
* Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protecting patients and team members by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
* Ensuring operation of laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Conserving laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Every other weekend rotation or every weekend, can be flexible!
Associates Degree or Bachelors degree related science (Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science) or must meet CLIA88 requirement for high complexity personnel is required.
Minimum Work Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in a lab as a med tech. Min of One to Three years generalist experience/ blood bank experience preferred.
Required licenses/certifications: Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Nat'l Clinical Lab Specialist (NCLS) certification (or eligible) is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be familiar with the proper performance of laboratory procedures, Knowledge of FDA, CAP, State and CLIA Regulations, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Chemistry Techniques, Equipment maintenance, medical terminology. Skills include organization, attention to details, computer skills, Excellent communication skills are required.
Ability to work well in a team and respond quickly to emergent and non-emergent requests.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.