This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/22/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONTests food products and environmental samples for the presence of food-borne Pathogens and indicator organisms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs and becomes proficient in microbiological analysis for the detection of Pathogenic organisms and indicator organisms in food products and environmental samples. Primary focus is proficiency in Lab 2 with applicable tasks to include:
* Sample labeling and associated document preparation
* Sample hydration and preparation
* Sample dilution
* Setting requested tests including plate counts, molecular test kits, and biochemical analysis of organisms. Use and understanding of selective and differential microbiological media
* Reading and interpretation of test results
* Completion of documentation in an ISO 17025 compliant manner
* Understands the use and purpose of Laboratory Control Samples and is proficient in the preparation and setting of such organisms.
* Perform satisfactory on split samples for microbiology.
* Uses proper aseptic technique by sterilizing testing materials and demonstrating frequent and proper hand washing/gloving.
* Maintains a clean and organized lab.
* Ensures laboratory supplies are stocked at each workstation to promote efficient processing of samples. Notifies the Microbiology Supervisor of supply shortages as needed.
* Supports the Quality System
* Completes assigned QA/QC job functions as assigned
* Understands how deviations from procedures effect testing validity and accreditation
* Acknowledges quality non-conformances, corrective actions, and preventative actions to ensure occurrences are not repetitive
* Ensures testing labeling and documentation are complete
* Plans and schedules work day to ensure all testing is complete in required time frame.
* Participates in cross-training with other departments such as Media Preparation and Log-in/Sample Preparation.
* Recommends changes to current methodologies, equipment and procedures to ensure efficiency.
* Becomes proficient with LIMS as applicable to the above procedures and tasks.
* Works with supervisors to develop yearly objectives and goals.
* Attends continuing education seminars as required and presents relevant information to supervisor and co-workers.
Attend internal technical seminars and becomes proficient on equipment use and maintenance.