This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONContribute. Grow. Lead with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill this position within our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Geismar, Louisiana.
This position is accountable for maintaining all rotating equipment including repair and replacements for assigned units. Accountable for insuring all millwright work is completed following design specifications, PM plans, and all applicable MI procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
* Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
* Monitor condition of rotating machinery utilizing parameters including vibration, temperature, pressures, flows and currents. Must be able to take field vibration readings, and understand basic data.
* Understand and assess the daily operation of various types of equipment including centrifuges, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, conveyors, screw feeders, blowers and pumps. Based on assessment, provide recommendations to improve reliability.
* Maintain equipment to design specifications including, but not limited to, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps & compressors, fans, gear reducers/increasers & other mechanical equipment (valves, operators, testing tools). Replace pump seals, mechanical seals, pump packing. Provide proper alignment for all rotating equipment.
* Perform preventative/predictive maintenance and troubleshoot problems. Determine material needs, sequence of operations, and job methods including the use of a computer for storing and using information for preventive/predictive maintenance.
* Be familiar with SAP, RMP, warehouse parts management, design specifications, and applicable MI procedures.
* Performs work associated with fabrication, assembly, disassembly and repair of vessels, movement and set-up of equipment.
* High School Diploma or GED
* This position requires proof of the NCCER certification prior to employment (maintenance or machinist preferred).
* A minimum of 3 years mechanical experience in millwright activities in an industrial environment
* Must be able to read process flow diagrams, P&IDs, mechanical drawings and follow mechanical specifications.
* Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed to maintain a 24/7 operating plant.
* Ability to read, speak, and write English.
* Valid driver s license required.
* High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
* Good working knowledge of SAP.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran