Millwright - Kohler, WI 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Millwright - Kohler, WI
Location: Kohler, WI
Our Kohler manufacturing operations team is growing...and hiring! You're in Demand. At Kohler, manufacturing associates are in significant demand- more than 25% of our manufacturing team leaders and more than 30% of our skilled manufacturing associates will be eligible for retirement in four years. That translates to a lot of opportunities to grow your skills and increase your salary!
We're looking for dynamic, dedicated Millwright associates in Kohler, WI
What we offer:
* Shift premiums 12 paid holidays and paid vacation
* Affordable health/vision/dental/life insurance plan
* Both 401K and pension programs
* Advancement opportunities within our diverse business units
* Tuition support
* On-site medical, lab and pharmacy services
Millwright s will perform a wide variety of assignments, including, but not limited to; Machine Repair, Machine Installation, Rigging, Basic Machining, Pipefitting, Metalwork/ Fabrication and Welding. Perform all operations in accordance with the specified guidelines and instructions, while exercising safety for oneself and others.
* Working from drawings, plant layouts, or verbal orders, perform a wide variety of assignments, operating a variety of power equipment and machinery. Must be proficient in the use of all measuring instruments to layout, check and verify all dimensions and tolerances.
* Mechanical repairs to all machines and equipment, including but not limited to; machine alignment, replace bearings, shafts, gears, spindles, etc.. Repair a variety of hydraulic & pneumatic valves, controls, pressure regulators, pumps, tools, etc. Assist in solving excessive tooling or machine problems in production equipment. Adjust, align, patch or replace drives, conveyors, etc. Inspect & repair; hoists & cranes, cables, hooks, shafts, etc.
* Assist or perform all operations necessary to rig, move all type of machines and equipment for new installation or intra-plant layout changes. Assist all other trades in all shapes of structural operations and in the dismantling and reassemble of structures and machines requiring repair or installation.
* Perform set-up and all position welding on a diversified line of weldments and structures involving a variety of parts and assemblies using a variety of welding equipment e.g. gas, arc, mig, and tig.
* Proficiently operate a wide variety of tools and equipment, e.g., hand tools, socket sets, wrenches, chain hoist, hydraulic jacks and cranes, fork-lifts, hi-lifts, pneumatic wrenches, micrometers, verniers, levels, drill press, grinders, etc. Able to read, interpret and use blue prints, drawings, sketches, and measurements. Be capable of using Computerized Maintenance Management software to create work notifications, look-up and order parts, print work orders, and enter time confirmations.
* Set-up, adjust and proficiently operate the machines including, but not limited to; Lathes, Drills, Mill and Surface Grinders, required to perform the assigned operations, on a variety of work requiring close tolerances and finish. Must have sufficient knowledge of math to make calculations for cutting speeds, feeds, angles, threads, etc. Must have sound understanding of materials, tooling and tool application.
* Perform operations necessary to assemble, install, and maintain piping, hydraulic lines and related systems.
* 18+ years old
* High school Diploma/GED equivalent
* Technical Diploma or Apprenticeship in Fabrication or Mechanical trade desired
* Competency demonstrated through Millwright technical testing
* Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation
* Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures
* Reliable attendance and work performance
* Successful completion of a drug screen and background check
WHY WORK AT KOHLER CO.*
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.