Mobile Engineer (HVAC/R) 10/11/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Mobile Engineer (HVAC/R)
Auto Req ID
Mobile Engineer HVAC/R
Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy. Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc. Strong areas. Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all HVAC/R systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC and refrigeration and be multi skilled in electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Material Handling Equipment and others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
Area of Responsibility
* Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
* Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC/R systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
* Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
* Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
* Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
* Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
* Practice Defensive Driving at all times
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver s license
* Submit P-card Receipts Daily
* Update work order status in real time
* Utilize CMMS systems such as Corrigo for all work performed.
* Perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
* Escalating problems or issues to Customer and Manager in a timely manner
* Attend work and safety meetings as required
* Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
* Preferred: 3rd Party Certification
* Years of relevant experience
* Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of HVAC/R, plumbing, electrical, production equipment repair and maintenance. Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
* Other abilities
* Strong Customer Service skills
* Strong Interpersonal skills
* HVAC technicians must have a Universal CFC recovery certification (or within 90 days of employment)
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Licenses as required by authority having jurisdiction
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
* Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in electrical systems, refrigeration and HVAC
* Physical work requirements and work conditions
* Physical Work Requirements:
* Lifting up to 80 lbs.
* Working from heights.
* Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
* Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
* Driving for long periods of time.
* Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
* Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.
* Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.