This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
The Mobile Engineer has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Mobile Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others.
* Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
* Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
* Participate in incident investigations.
* Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
* Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, changing parts).
* Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
* Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
* Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
* Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
* Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
* Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or state equivalent
* Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
* Minimum of four years experience in electrician trade or related field or, minimum of four years experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Valid U.S. driver s license with a clean driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
* In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
* Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs especially energy! and satisfy customer requirements.
* Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
* Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
* Walking large, campus-like settings.
* Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
* Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
* Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
* Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
* Driving for long periods of time.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.