Modeling and Simulation Engineer (Junior to Mid-Level) 10/11/2017
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
The engineer in this role works projects related to modeling threat weapon and sensor systems, Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) systems, cyber disruption and degradation effects, and related analysis on all types of foreign threat weapon systems. Engineering tasks may include requirements development, architecture definition, algorithm definition, software engineering, integration of threat models into engagement-level and mission-level systems-of-systems simulations, test planning/execution, system engineering and analysis. The candidate will work closely with Parsons to coordinate requirements, design, and testing of solutions.
New Hire Success Factor:
* 30 days: Become integrated with lab development team. Understand lab mission and vision.
* 60 days: Work with customer and team to begin development of software requirements documentation. This is an ongoing process.
* 90 days: Finalize software requirements documentation and begin development of software.
* Education/Experience: Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Computer
* 3 to 10 years of relative experience
* Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience with C++.
* Experience with Simulink or MATLAB.
* Experience with Python and QT (desired).
* Excellent organizational/communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels.
* Final Secret clearance required, Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
*This position requires candidates to currently possess an active secret security clearance.