This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/15/2017
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONMolding Technician
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $2 billion company with more than 13,000 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its factories and its processes, but in its people. It values people who are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
APCOM is a division of A. O. Smith Corporation. APCOM is a leading manufacturer of water heater parts and components. For more information regarding A. O. Smith and APCOM, please visit our websites at www.aosmith.com and www.apcom-inc.com
We are currently seeking 2nd and 3rd shift Molding Technicians for our Franklin, TN facility.
* Run Injection Molding Machines (including starting & stopping machine)
* Set molds (Operation of crane & fork truck as necessary)
* Process molds from start to finish (Make minor changes to process to insure quality of all products)
* 1st piece Procedure. Measure & visually inspect products for surface & dimension defects in order to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, to release production
* Cleaning hoppers and preparing for material changeovers
* Provide ownership & input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or reduction of downtime
* Maintain records & prepare legible reports, including SPC reports, QC inspection reports, mold cavity sheets, production downtime reports, cycle time sheets and problem/corrective action logs in accordance with departmental standards and Quality System Standards
* Ensure that department is kept clean and organized, 6S
* Other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
* Ability to access equipment to troubleshoot problems; require continuous standing, climbing, and bending with occasional kneeling, stooping, and crawling; lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally; gross & fine motor use skills required; visual & audible inspection of machinery required; good hand-eye coordination; compliance with PPE requirements
* Must be able to use a computer
* Must be able to read a production schedule
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.