This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position, the MRI Technologist performs MRI procedures in order to obtain desired imaging results according to physicians specifications that includes, but is not limited to, transferring patients for examinations, and assisting with the MRI examiantion process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for appropriate operation of all MRI Imaging and related equipment
* Appropriately educates, positions, immobilizes and performs MRI procedures
* Coordinates MRI examination to ensure timeliness, quality and continuity of patient care
* Understands and follows provider Imaging orders correctly
* Submits required images and related clinical information to the Radiologist for interpretation
* Appropriately evaluates image quality
* Open, accurate, and responsive communication to patients, coworkers, Radiologists and leadership
* Appropriately utilizes, charges and maintains department supplies
* Practices sterile technique and follows infection prevention policies
* Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
* Safely performs MRI procedures including patient transfer
* Prepares and administers contrast according to Radiologist protocol
* Ensures safety in the Magnetic field and assists in Magnet Safety education.
* Current Registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Advanced certification by the ARRT in MRI must be obtained within 6 months of employment
* Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within three months of hire
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings