MWO-542-Project Engineer (Engineer 2) 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT OBG
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
PROJECT ENGINEER (MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER FOCUS)
This Project Engineer position is for a person who will perform moderate to complex assignments, which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design engineering tasks. Assignments involve some unusual or difficult problems requiring job knowledge and abilities beyond entry level. The incumbent must be capable of collaborating and making evaluations and interpretations, exercising independent judgment in selecting and applying engineering standards.
This position is for the Syracuse, NY office of OBG.
The ideal candidate will have design experience in municipal wastewater engineering including treatment, pumping, piping systems (gas and liquid), collection and conveyance systems and performs the following:
* Plan and design portions of projects of greater complexity, following design, construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
* Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, geologic data and other data to plan projects.
* Prepares or present reports or analysis such as design calculations, field data results/conclusions and/or cost estimates.
* Reviews work of others for conformance to O Brien & Gere and Owner requirements.
* Consistently utilizes sound judgment and discretion in performance of job functions.
* Gathers and records information to be used for writing specifications.
* Reviews vendor submittals to assure compliance with specifications.
* Prepares or present routine technical reports.
* Prepares construction cost estimates.
* Visits job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering skills.
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
* Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System.
* B.S. Civil/Sanitary/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering and 5+ years of qualifying engineering experience in the engineering/design field
* M.S. degree preferred
* Proficiency in engineering fundamentals and in utilizing CAD (D) software/hardware.
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam. Ability to obtain a Professional Engineering License in New York State within two years is beneficial.
* Experience with field assignments and ability to independently perform site visits to collect data.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Work effectively in teams.
* Willingness to continue to improve.
* Gains knowledge through participation in technical societies and attendance at internal and external training programs, to a degree consistent with individual and divisional goals.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer