MWO-543-Project Manager (Municipal Wastewater Focus) 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT OBG
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
PROJECT MANAGER (MUNICIPAL WASTEWATER FOCUS)
The Project Manager position is for a person who has demonstrated the ability to manage people and projects and generate new business with clients. In addition, expectations are that this position will contribute to the sustainable financial growth of OBG and develop followership, lead high performance teams, resolve conflict, negotiate positive outcomes, mentor future leaders and motivate employees. The Project Manager has the potential for enhanced career growth opportunities by providing consistent strong leadership and performance for client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and sustainable financial growth.
This position is for the Syracuse, NY office of OBG.
* Assume a primary role in client contract activities
* Responsible for generating repeat business as well as new clients
* Marketing, planning and execution of municipal wastewater projects.
* Business development proposal creation, project estimating, project planning and execution, quality reviews.
* Client management/development within the municipal market
* Managing, developing and mentoring of staff, including fiscal responsibility for respective projects and staff
* Working with regional offices and other Project Managers within the Municipal Water Operations to ensure efficient and effective application of staff.
* Municipal client contact and strategic plan implementation related to technical advice, planning, design, permitting and construction phase services for wastewater engineering projects.
* Delegating and mentoring technical and administrative responsibilities to engineers and designers on major and complex projects.
* Assumes an active role in the selection of the project team, prepares and administers project budgets & schedules for projects under supervision.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Client facing with strong existing client relationships, especially in the Central NY municipal wastewater field.
* Strong personnel development skills with experience managing and mentoring people in management, engineering, and design positions.
* Experience in successful project management of preliminary and final design, bidding and construction phase services for municipal wastewater projects (minimum 10 plus years desired; demonstrated expertise accepted).
* Experience with wet weather compliance projects.
* Contract document preparation and construction services.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience in client project management.
* Demonstrated successful track record in exceptional client services.
* B.S. Civil/Sanitary/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
* M.S. degree preferred.
* Professional Engineering license in New York State required with ability to obtain multiple licenses through reciprocity.
* Active participation in Wastewater-based organizations (such as NYWEA).
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer