MWO 567 Resident Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
OBG is currently seeking an experienced construction resident engineer or resident project representative in the Washington DC/Maryland area.
* Knowledge of mechanics of concrete
* Familiarity with elevated steel water storage tanks and related piping systems
* Familiarity with welding and paint coating systems
* High level of understanding of contract documents including plans, specifications and supplementary conditions
* Ability to communicate with Owners, Engineers, Contractors, Municipal Agencies, Utility Owners
* Familiarity with permit requirements
* Ability to foresee construction issues prior to construction and mitigate with Owner and Engineer
* Knowledge of the construction change management process including CO s, PCO s, RFI s, etc.
* Understanding of construction costs and ability to analyze construction claims
* Knowledge of construction management documentation software such as E-builder, Expedition, Prolog, etc.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Ability to chair monthly progress meetings and prepare minutes
* Ability to review contractors monthly payment applications and CPM schedules
* Knowledge of SWPPP requirements
* Knowledge of testing and disinfection procedures for municipal water facilities
* Knowledge of soil compaction and geotechnical requirements
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the construction of municipal infrastructure. In addition, the following is a plus:
* AAS or BS degree in Construction Management
* NICET Certification
* CCM Certification
* OSHA Certification
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer