National Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/5/2017
On behalf of Cox Media Group (CMG) Innovation team, the National Account Manager will be responsible for vertical revenue and sponsorship opportunities focused on SouthernKitchen.com and Lineand Sight.com. As the account manager, you will manage the direct sold advertising product line from these two new products; monetizing content initiatives, identifying new opportunities, and developing sales plans for new and existing sub-product lines.
This role will be the subject matter expert of these products, including sales goals/objectives, customer needs and requirements, competitor offerings, market requirements, and product messaging. They will oversee training initiatives across our direct sales team and outside CMG markets so that teams can represent these specific sites to their respective clients. They will be in a highly collaborative role to gather product intel from the content team used to identify sponsorship opportunities and translate that into sales enablement tools to be used during the sales process. This person should work closely with stakeholders throughout the company and vertical leadership on all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting to account renewal; in addition to handling their own portfolio of business.
This person will provide creative solutions leveraging assets including digital, mobile, video, content creation and more. The ideal candidate should be one who is accustomed to creating unique advertising solutions, one who is results driven, one who is collaborative and has a documented history of sales success.
* Achieve stated revenue goals
* Analyze site(s) data and determine best advertising solutions for Direct Sales Team and CMG local markets
* Build unique custom sponsorships for local and regional accounts
* Work with sales, development and content on overall marketing materials and strategies
* Create and maintain sales collateral
* Assist in sales calls either in person or on phone/video
* Maintain accurate weekly sales summary of billed, pipeline, etc. by site
* Ability to show a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates and packaging
* May work collaboratively with CMG vertical team on certain named accounts
* Be able to set a plan to achieve current year financial objectives while seeking out new opportunities to achieve LRP.
* Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts and revenue projections through a CRM
* Own the entire sales process and retention cycle
* Generate and maintain a portfolio of business
Southern Kitchen and Line & Sight
Digital start-up businesses in the media division of a Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. Southern Kitchen blends the best of southern food, entertainment and lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. LineandSight.com covers all things fishing it s the best fishing when you re not actual fishing. A passion for food/cooking and/or being an avid fisherman would be pluses.
* IAB certification a plus
* Minimum 3 years in outside media sales or equivalent with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas
* Proficient in Microsoft applications
* Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
* Above average knowledge of digital technology
* Exceptional problem solver especially when competing with software and technology
* Strong business development focus
* High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
* Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
* Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
* Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
* Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and industry
* Minimal travel (.