2nd Shift Fabrication Team Leader (Dept Supervisor)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Columbia City, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Columbia City, Columbia City IN US 46725
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : High School or equivalent
Category : Manufacturing
Job Description :
You may know SKF as the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our around 40 000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
SKF Lubrication Business Unit/Reelcraft Industries, Inc., located in Columbia City, Indiana is immediately seeking an experienced Fabrication Team Leader. Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacturing and sales of hose and cable reels.
Working within the Fabrication Department, the 2nd shift fabrication team leader will supervise production employees to ensure the manufacture of products, parts, components, or assemblies, or to perform other routine tasks within established timing, quality, and cost standards. Job Requirements :
2nd Shift Fabrication Team Leader (Department Supervisor)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise production activities to ensure that production schedules are met and that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements, including product integrity and production order documentation.
* Direct related personnel actions, including selection, training, performance evaluation, discipline and safety.
* Determine manufacturing priorities based on the established daily production schedule and makes appropriate assignments.
* Assure product quality, interpret specifications and make judgments about the acceptability of production that is in progress. Assist operators in problem solving activities and bring in manufacturing engineering for problems beyond their expertise.
* Assures that improvements to processes in their department are maintained thereby assuring that benefits are realized.
* Direct routine equipment preventative maintenance and operation set-up.
* Arrange for the maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities.
* Implement departmental safety programs and procedures to ensure the safety of employees working in the area.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or equivalent GED is required for this position. Three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment and an understanding of manufacturing processes is required. This position also requires technical proficiency and trouble shooting ability to assist operators in problem solving. Previous manufacturer engineering knowledge is highly desired.
Reelcraft offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, 401(k) with match, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and disability coverage. Relocation assistance is not being offered for this position. International assignments are not being considered at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation.
EOE/AA M/F/V/D We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Reelcraft is committed to workplace diversity.