2nd Shift Maintenance Machinist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Atkore International Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities will include but, not limited to:
* Know shop mathematics, basic mechanics and metal properties and correct sequence of machining operations.
* Set up and operate all machine shop equipment to make replacement parts to close tolerances.
* Plan own work from maintenance work orders and intimate knowledge of equipment requirements.
* Dismantle, check out and evaluate production equipment for needed repairs or replacements and be able to make such repairs.
* Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points to layout stock for machining.
* Operate hoists and floor crane to move and position parts and equipment as needed.
* Able to read and interpret blueprints, charts and sketches and makes own sketches.
* Perform work through Maintenance Work Order system recording work performed and material used.
* Prepare tools, dies, parts and equipment as required for plant equipment.
* Perform non-routine work of a temporary or emergency nature.
* Notify foremen when tools need to be ordered.
* Provide incidental training as required.
* Assist in the creation of and follow Standard Work.
* Keep working area in clean and orderly condition.
* Work with little or no supervision.
* Available to work overtime when needed.
* Must observe all plan safety rules and report any unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
3-5 yrs experience as a Machinist required
Must pass a drug screen (Urinalysis and Hair Follicle) and physical
High School Diploma or GED Required
Be a great communicator
Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required